Sunday, May 27, 2012

Nut Loaf

Wow, its been a little while since I've done a post. Time got away from me a little bit but I'm back into it again.

Last week I put together Grandma's nut loaf recipe. This was so simple. It didn't make a lot though so next time  I'd probably double the recipe so that it filled my loaf tin a bit better.


1 ¼ cups self raising flour
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon mixed spice 
45g butter
¼ cup castor sugar
½  cup chopped walnuts
½ cup raisins or sultanas
1 egg beaten
½ cup milk (approx.)

Grease loaf tin thoroughly. Sift flour, salt and spice together, into a mixing bowl. Rub in butter. Add sugar, nuts and fruit. Mix lightly. Stir in beaten egg and sufficient milk to make a dropping consistency. Bake in moderately hot oven 190°C for 50 to 60 mins or until cooked.

Serve sliced, with butter. 

Notes: I used cinnamon as I didn't have mixed spice and the loaf only took about 35 mins to cook rather than 60. 


No comments:

Post a Comment