Tuesday, June 26, 2012

3 minute (cup)cake

The last few weeks have been really busy for me as I have been doing my end of semester exams for university. Which meant that things I normally like to do, like this blog, have had to be put to the side for a little while, but I've finished the exams now and I have some time back. yay! Hopefully with 4 weeks of uni holidays I can get a heap of recipes cooked!

I did get to cook 2 of grandma's recipes while I was studying, I just didn't have the time to post the recipes, the first of these was 3 minute cake. I thought this idea suited my crazy busy schedule whilst studying ... i mean... it says it in the name: 3 minute cake, and it really was very simple and quick! I decided I wanted cupcakes however, so simply divided the mixture into patty pans.

Grandma's recipe didn't say how long it should be baked for, but I think the cupcakes took about 12 minutes and I imagine a cake would take about 30 minutes or so. They should be baked in a medium oven (180 degrees) until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. 


1 cup S.R Flour
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of butter
Vanilla
2 eggs
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup milk

Place all ingredients in a basin and mix together for 3 minutes. 

For orange add grated peel. Use juice for icing. For chocolate add 2 dessertspoons cocoa. 




No comments:

Post a Comment