Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chocolate Crunch Sultana Slice

We are off camping early tomorrow morning so I have been busy preparing all the food and the like. Since I will have lots of strapping young men to feed I thought it would be a good opportunity to try one of Grandma's more decadent sounding slices as I could then palm them all off the guys and not consume too much myself (not good for the waistline this recipe!)


90 grams unsalted butter
4 x 65gram mars bars (I don't think they even make them this size anymore, I just got a bag of mini ones and weighed them out)
3 cups just right
½ cup sultanas
250 grams dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut

Combine butter and mars bars in saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted. Combine cereal, sultanas and melted mixture in a bowl. Press evenly into lamington tray. Melt chocolate. Spread over slice. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of coconut. Refrigerate until set and cut into pieces. 

Note: Mine took a long time to set and even when they did set they were a bit sticky but I was a little heavy handed with the butter and I think that could be the culprit, so my piece of advice: weigh the butter!


No comments:

Post a Comment